Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kindness O'Clock

I'm still waiting for new covers for all three of my books in my Crown Phoenix series. The change of three books at one time requires a great deal of work, so I am going to cheat today and recycle some words from writers with much more talent than I'll ever have.


We like to be green here at Fresh Pot of Tea!


*****


Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
George Sand

Happiness exists on earth, and it is won through prudent exercise of reason, knowledge of the harmony of the universe, and constant practice of generosity.
Jose Marti



I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel.
Peter Nivio Zarlenga



In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior.


Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

A good writer possesses not only his own spirit but also the spirit of his friends.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
George Washington

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
Plutarch


The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.
Albert Einstein

I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
Maya Angelou

5 comments:

Kate said...

Those are beautiful quotes. Every one spoke to me. Thank you for sharing them. :)

Alison DeLuca said...

Thanks so much, Kate! I enjoyed choosing them, and I had to reject a slew of other wonderful quotes.

I love reading what others have written so beautifully.

Jack said...

Thank you for the quotes! I especially liked the friend one.

Johanna Garth said...

Love those sentiments, especially given the latest craziness!

Alison DeLuca said...

Indeed, Johanna!